Network Problem Manager
about the role
- Identifies trends and potential Problem sources (by reviewing Incident and Problem analysis)
- Work with all internal technical teams, Service Management and external stakeholders like customer and 3rd party
- Prevents the replication of Problems across multiple systems
- PM may also be requested to discuss the technical part supporting the SM, when needed.
- Responsible for creating or suggesting RFC for permanent resolution of identified known-errors;
- Follows up issues and progress with problem owners where necessary
- Drive all problems towards root cause identification and permanent fix
- Monitors the effectiveness of error control and makes recommendations for improvements
- Reviews the efficiency and effectiveness of the Problem control process
- Maintains inventory of problems under analysis and their current progress and status
- Updating KEDB
- Produces Problem Management reports and management information
- Coordinates meetings to resolve problems
- Prevents recurrence of issues by identifying root cause and implementing fix
- Need to have innovative approach as problems are unique and need to use different RCA techniques
- Minimum 3 years Incident & Problem Management experience
- Analytical skills
- Good Network understanding with CCNA certification & CCNP-Routing knowledge.
- Good ITIL understanding
- Strong Excel Knowledge
- Good International Customer handling skills
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills
As a Problem Manager
- Single point of contact for one or more problems
- Responsible for ownership and coordination of actions of those problems
- To analyze root cause, identify Known Error and coordinating actions to fix the error.
- To review the Problem Trends and Planning and Driving Improvement Plan
- To be proactive in identifying problems, analyze and recommend Service Improvement plans with the possible solutions obtained from technical teams.
Customer Services & Operations