Exercise Specialist I
Category Hancock Wellness – New Pal – 8830 Description
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Fitness Manager, the Exercise Specialist Level 1 is responsible for providing users of the facility with health and fitness assessments, exercise prescription, monitoring of and follow up on members’ program progress, supervision of fitness programs, educational class instruction, group exercise class instruction, equipment cleanliness and preventive maintenance, policy enforcement, incentive programming, personal training, and fitness floor coverage for delivering excellent customer service.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts health and fitness assessments (FA) to new and existing members
- Creates personalized exercise prescription based on health and fitness assessments and guidelines established by ACSM and the facility
- Conducts initial workout orientation (IWO) for facility, programs, and equipment to new members
- Monitors progress for existing members and schedules review appointments
- Follows established procedures when equipment is found to be malfunctioning to return it to operational status within 24 hours, including posting appropriate status signage, notifying the Fitness Manager or maintenance personnel, and recording the problem in the appropriate areas
- Performs personal training sessions with members, and maintains records of attendance, payment, and workouts for clients
- Able to cover shifts and reschedule member appointments, as needed, without supervision
- Able to provide fitness floor coverage without supervision, to assist members and guests with any exercise-related issues or questions
- Able to clean assigned areas/equipment without supervision
- Able to check and maintain pool chemicals and follow all pool related procedures without supervision
- Able to close the building with supervision, ensuring all closing procedures are followed
- Consistently completes most of assigned members tasks within the Technogym software each month
- Completes at least 4 Continuing Education Credits per year, from MFA webinars/conferences or ACSM online learning opportunities/conferences (fee-based only when approved)
- Displays proficiency in the operation of the facilitys computer hardware and software systems
- Completes CBLs (computer based learning modules) including CSI online classes and Technogym Wellness System annual review, without supervision
- Looks to aid with extra tasks when needed
- Is knowledgeable, aware of, and proficient in all facility rules, regulations, and policies, and enforces them when applicable.
- Is knowledgeable and aware of current information on all center programs, services, and activities, and promotes them regularly
- Greets members and guests by name and with a smile, and delivers world-class customer service at all times
- Maintains high level of professionalism, in accordance with organizational standards of behavior
- Responds to all emergency situations per facility policy and procedures
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings
- Assumes other duties and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors degree in exercise physiology/science or other related field, or work experience in the health/fitness industry with either a degree in another field or a nationally accredited fitness certification
- BLS (Basic Life Saving)/CPR certification required within 90 days of hire
- Basic computer skills, excellent communication and customer service skills required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed, including nights and weekend rotation.
- Experience in a community, commercial, or hospital-based fitness center
- Experience in conducting health and fitness assessments and developing exercise programs and prescriptions
Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Shift -not applicable- Sign-On Bonus Position Exercise Specialist I (619) Number of Openings 1 Exempt/Non-Exempt Non-Exempt Open Date 7/9/2020 Location Hancock Wellness Center – New Pal About the Organization Hancock Regional Hospital serves Hancock County and the surrounding areas as a full-service community hospital focused on primary care, patient comfort, and convenience.
Today, a highly skilled medical and professional nursing staff anchors Hancock Regional Hospital. We have a state-of-the-art surgery department, 24-hour emergency services, OB services, progressive and critical care, a geropsychology unit, home healthcare, occupational health, a transitional care unit, a total oncology program with a cutting-edge radiation oncology center, many private rooms, and a full complement of Inpatient and outpatient services.
Our Mission is to be a Caring Community Partner by healing, improving health and wellness, alleviating suffering, and delivering acts of kindness one person at a time. EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.