Core Banking Application Support Egnineer
About the Job
Application Support Engineers are employed internally by a number of companies across a wide spectrum of industries. This job includes performing Core Systems daily operational tasks such as scheduling and executing batch jobs, downloading and transmission of daily data files to external vendors and internal customers. Provides Symitar host and on-call support.
- Perform core banking system related daily processing and operational support needs which includes but is not limited to daily, month-end, quarter-end, and year-end processing. Ensure all daily jobs are completed according to established procedure.
- Performs maintenance functions on the Core banking system, including service pack and release updates, after testing has been completed. Performs Core banking system backups and restores database backups when needed.
- Analyzes and maintains the integrity of the security privileges given to all users, which includes the assignment of UNIX and Symitar user logon credentials.
- Maintains reference documentation and procedures for daily, monthly and yearly operations.
- Ensures and enforces proper cybersecurity practices in dealing with all areas of Information Technology.
- Assist with and be knowledgeable of the execution of the disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Create and manage work orders in a helpdesk system. Utilizes helpdesk software to document problems and record solutions.
- Performs basic diagnostic testing and resolves or escalates problems as defined in the operating procedures.
- Required to work various shifts, holidays, weekends as warranted.