Chef de Cuisine (Egyptian Only)at Madinaty Golf Club
Madinaty Golf Club by Kempinski Nile Hotel
Madinaty golf club venue provides the perfect setting for our elite guests located at Madinaty under the operation of kempinski Nile Hotel,the place contains spacious & elegant lounges that provide fancy dinner with different menus & 100 acres of a peaceful golf park where our guests can enjoy their day.
Chef de Cuisine
Under the direction of the chef de cuisine and within the limits of established Kempinski procedures, assists in the direction of all aspects of the food production and Stewarding operations.
- Assist with organizing special events and special food promotions.
- Assist the Executive Chef in developing training plans, develop training material in accordance with Kempinski guidelines and implement training plans for the Food Production employees and other Food and Beverage employees.
- Assume the duties and responsibilities of the chef de cuisine in their absence.
- Assist the Executive Chef in developing and maintaining up-dated operations manuals for all Food Production and Stewarding sections and in developing recipes and maintaining up-dated and accurate costing of all dishes prepared and sold in the Food and Beverage operation.
- Participate and supervise the kitchen in the preparation and presentation of all food items in accordance with the hotel’s food and beverage standards and standardized menu guidelines.
- Maintain a hygienic kitchen and personal hygiene.
- Work with Executive Chef and Director of People Services to ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive and assists in planning for future staffing needs.
- Assist in maintaining a comprehensive, current and guest focused set of departmental standards and procedures and oversee their implementation.
- Ensure training needs analysis of Kitchen staff is carried out and training programs are designed and implemented to meet needs.
- Provide input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions in line with company guidelines.
- Coach, counsel and discipline staff, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance.
- Approve leave after consideration of hotel occupancy.
- Work with chef de cuisine in the preparation and management of the department’s budget.
- Demonstrate awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines and ensure your direct reports do the same.
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly.
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers.
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements.
- Implement and practice HACCP.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment, including oral and written language skills in English; Any additional languages are an advantage.
- Operational knowledge of the role.
- Luxury Hotel Experiences.
- Communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of hotel operations & Computer systems, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint); Basic knowledge of Micros is an advantage.
- Passion for hospitality and the European elegance of service.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!