Business Development Specialist (Facility Management or Construction)
About the Job
- Obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work
- schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor.
- Focuses sales efforts on studying existing and potential clients.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual analyses.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on customer sales.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Prepare the required technical reports